Henderson, Nevada, U.S.
Tronox’s Henderson facility, located in Southern Nevada, is dedicated to the production of electrolytic chemicals. Employees at the facility produce electrolytic manganese dioxide, used in the manufacture of alkaline batteries; elemental boron, a component of automotive safety igniters and military flares; and boron trichloride, used in the pharmaceutical and semiconductor industries and in the manufacture of high-strength boron fibers for products including sporting equipment and aircraft parts.
- More than $13 Million in 2015 payroll and benefits
- $404,000 paid in state use and ad valorem taxes in 2015
- $34 million spent on goods and services in 2015
- The plant has received commendations from the Clark County Commission and the City of Henderson for its outstanding safety record.
- The plant achieved ISO 9000 certification for quality management from the International Organization for Standardization (ISO), a global nongovernmental organization that promotes consistent standards and provides external oversight.
- The plant qualified for QS 9000 automotive certification for elemental boron operations, a supplement to ISO 9000 industry-specific application developed by the top three automotive manufacturers.
In the Community
- Tronox sponsors the Boys and Girls Club and the McCaw School of Mines.
- Tronox provides funding for numerous school programs in coordination with the Clark County School
Henderson, Nevada, United States
560 W. Lake Mead Parkway
Henderson, NV 89015
PO Box 55
Henderson, NV 89009