Botlek, the Netherlands
Tronox’s Rotterdam Botlek facility is the only titanium dioxide (TiO2) producer in the Netherlands, with an annual capacity of approximately 90,000 metric tons at year-end 2013.
- It’s centrally located along the largest harbor of Europe.
- Production at this site started in 1960.
- TiO2 is produced by using Tronox’s proprietary chloride process.
- € 15.5 million in payroll and benefits in 2011
- Approximately 250 employees
- About 50 contractors daily
Safety and Environmental Achievements
- The plant has ISO 14001: 2004 certification for environmental management from the International Organization for Standardization (ISO), a global nongovernmental organization that promotes consistent standards and provides external oversight.
- The plant has ISO 9001:2008 certification for quality management from the International Organization for Standardization (ISO), a global nongovernmental organization that promotes consistent standards and provides external oversight.
In the Community
- An active panel of business and community leaders meets bimonthly to discuss plant activities, monitor safety and environmental issues and address community concerns.
- Botlek is a member of Deltalinqs, an umbrella organization that coordinates the interests of the companies in the Rotterdam industrial area. More than 50 companies are members of this organization and work together representing the chemical industry by educating the community and also lobbying for its members on governmental issues.
- We work with schools, from primary schools up to and including Universities. We offer young people a visit to our plant for a glimpse behind the scenes and if possible we support their education by providing an internship. Tronox takes part in the Process College Mainport Rotterdam, the place where future operators learn their profession.
Rotterdam Botlek, the Netherlands
P.O. Box 1013
3180 AA The Netherlands