At Tronox, corporate citizenship is an integral part of our global business. We believe that our business can and should play a leadership role in improving the quality of life in the communities in which we operate. All around the world we are continually challenging ourselves to promote sustainable growth, invest in green technologies, be transparent in all our business operations, and make positive contributions in the communities where we live and work.
We believe that these efforts promote the long-term interests of all our stakeholders, including employees, customers, business partners, investors, local communities, government officials, and the mining and minerals industries at large.
The Tronox corporate citizenship strategy is defined by these key pillars:
- Sustainability/Environment: We understand that our shareholders and local communities both win when we build sustainable business operations – we invest in programs to advance environmental stewardship and empower the communities in which we operate. See more on Tronox sustainability.
- STEM Education: We are an engineering and science-based business – we are eager to share our expertise and resources to advance education in these fields
- Equal Rights & Diversity: We are a global business with a diverse workforce – we are advocates for nondiscrimination and social justice in the workplace and community
- Health & Wellness: The physical welfare of our employees and community are a core value of Tronox – we actively work to increase awareness and sponsor programs that reflect this value
We have clear and immutable citizenship policy guidelines. The programs we support must be:
- Cannot benefit any organization or cause that advocates or maintains discriminatory policies (i.e., a bias based on gender, race, sexual orientation, religious beliefs, etc.)
- Cannot directly financially or politically benefit a Tronox employee or family member
- Wherever possible, provide volunteer opportunities or other forms of involvement for employees and their families